Menu is the most common thing you will see in every website. You will never see any website without menu but in some very rare cases you might have seen website without menu. But let me tell you if you got a website for your business or anything else it is very bad idea to not having a menu in the website. And so all the website we see have menu in it. So in this blog post you are going to learn How to add and manage menu in wordpress website.
The topics of website and every thing in website are brought together and managed in the menu. All the pages are added to the menu and it makes so easy to surf the website for the users. Posts can be categorized and all that categories can be added to the menu as well. so now we will see how to add pages and categories to the menu of your website.
Recommended for beginners :
Today in this blog post your going to learn How to add and manage menu in wordpress website So lets start the steps.
STEP 1 : Log-in to your wordpress website.
- Type your website URL with ‘/wp-admin’ in your browser address bar. For example have a look at this URL www.yourwebsitename.com/wp-admin
- Now login with your user name and password.
- Then you will be directed to your wordpress website dashboard.
- under the dashboard you will see ‘Appearance’ and under it ‘Menus’ click on it.
STEP 2 : Creating menu name & adding its location.
- As you click on menus you will be directed to the page where you can set up your menus.
- So the first thing you have to do is to give your menu a name.
You can have more than one menu in your wordpress website so you have to assign each menu by its name and this will help you to know on which menu you are working on.
You can give any name to your menu as ‘menu1’ or ‘main-menu’ or ‘top-menu’ or ‘side-menu’ what ever you want you can give as name to your menu.
- Then click on save menu “There are two button of save menu at top and bottom of the page you can click on any one you want”.
STEP 3 : Adding pages, post, categories to your menu.
- Now at the left side of this page you can see four options that are ‘pages’, ‘posts’, ‘custom links’, ‘categories’.
- So now if you have created any pages than you will see that pages under ‘pages’ options Posts under ‘posts’ option and categories under ‘categories’ option.
- Now click on the ‘pages’, ‘posts’, ‘custom links’, or on ‘categories’ option and then you will see the list of ‘pages’, ‘posts’, ‘categories’ that you have created.
- select the ‘pages’, ‘posts’, ‘categories’ you want in your menu and you will see a tick symbol or tick mark on it.
- Now as you selected ‘pages’, ‘posts’, ‘categories’ click on ‘Add to Menu’ button.
STEP 4 : Setting up menu options and its location on website.
- Now as you selected ‘pages’, ‘posts’, ‘categories’ and clicked on ‘Add to Menu’ button.
- You will see all that selected things on right side under your menu name.
- It is also known as Menu Structure in wordpress.
- Now here you can select and drag each item up or down and manage its location on menu.
- Same thing you have to do if you want any item to be sub menu item of other item or.
- You can just Click the arrow on the right of the item to reveal additional configuration options.
STEP 5 : Menu location on website.
- At last you will see Menu settings option on same page. If your menu is the top header menu or main menu then select this ‘Theme locations’ to “Primary Menu” option.
- This will set your menu as main menu on your wordpress website.
- Then click on ‘save menu’ button and you are done with How to add and manage menu in wordpress website.
Now go to your website that is www.yourwebsite.com and check all that changes to your website menu we have made together as in this blog.
If you like this blog then please share this awesome information with your friends and don’t forget to subscribe for latest blog of mine, and feel free to comment below.