You might have seen in many website that there is a sidebar having things like social share boxes and resent posts, popular posts even advertisements. All this are added to the website’s sidebar or in the footer of the website so that users of your website may find what you want to show them. In wordpress you can also have this stuff in your website’s sidebar and footer.
Now if you have a wordpress website and you want your visitor to follow you on social sites or to like your social pages or to share your post on social sites then you need to provide all this to your users and the best way is to display this things in the sidebar or in the footer of your website. You can have any thing in your sidebar and footer of your wordpress website.
Recommended for beginners :
Today in this blog post your going to learn How to add stuff in sidebar and footer of the wordpress website ( managing widgets ) So lets start the steps.
STEP 1 : Log-in to your wordpress website.
- Type your website URL with ‘/wp-admin’ in your browser address bar. For example have a look at this URL www.yourwebsitename.com/wp-admin
- Now login with your user name and password.
- Then you will be directed to your wordpress website dashboard.
- under the dashboard you will see ‘Appearance’ and under it ‘Widgets’ click on it.
‘Widgets’ is the area in wordpress where you can manage your sidebar and footer of your website. All that plugins you install for your website that plugins functionality can be managed through widgets.
STEP 2 : Select and add widgets to sidebar and footer.
- As you click on Widgets you will be directed to the page where you can set up your sidebar and footer .
- Here is two sections as you can see, one of Available widgets and second is of sidebar and footer options.
The left section which says ‘Available widgets’ is the section where you can see all default widgets installed by wordpress theme and those widgets that you installed as plugins.
The right section which says ‘Main Sidebar’, ‘Footer 1’, ‘Footer 2’ and ‘Footer 3’ is the section where you have to add the widgets from ‘Available widgets’ section.
STEP 3 : Select and Drag widgets to sidebar and footer.
- Select the widgets from ‘Available widgets’ and then drag it to the sidebar option or footer option.
- You can select any widget from ‘Available widgets’ and drag it to the place as mentioned where you want it to be displayed on your website.
Check this awesome screenshot below for how to drag and drop widget from ‘Available widgets’ to ‘main sidebar’ and footer.
add widgets to sidebar of your website
Now go to your website that is www.yourwebsite.com and check all that changes to your website ‘Sidebar’ & ‘Footer’ we have made together as followed by this blog.
If you like this blog then please share this awesome information with your friends and don’t forget to subscribe for latest blog of mine, and feel free to comment below.