Every website needs a design, a template and in wordpress we call this design as ‘Themes’. In wordpress websites this themes plays very important role because the looks of your website UI ( user interface ) depends on the theme you have installed on your website. every theme that you will find will have different design and different features so you should choose your themes wisely and here in this blog i will show you how you can search and install best theme for your wordpress website.
Now before you search and install theme for your wordpress website you have to know that every theme represents a topic or information or the concept on what your website is based. If you have a business then you should have awesome business based theme for your website and if you like to blog like me then you should have a blogging theme. If you choose theme for your website in the way i am trying to explain you then your website will be the best one among all other websites.
Remember that your website should have a unique look that is UI ( user interface ) and this is possible in wordpress websites. While choosing theme for your website take a time no matter how much it takes but choose theme wisely.
There are thousands of themes both free and paid and you can easily find free and paid themes on the concept your website is based as i will show you in this blog. There is no difference between Free and paid theme except the design. Performance of both Free and Paid themes is equal so never get confused in free and paid themes.
Recommended for beginners :
So now in this blog post your going to learn How to search and install best theme for your wordpress website So lets start the steps.
STEP 1 : Log-in to your wordpress website.
- Type your website URL with ‘/wp-admin’ in your browser address bar. For example have a look at this URL www.yourwebsitename.com/wp-admin
- Now login with your user name and password.
- Then you will be directed to your worpress website dashboard.
- under the dashboard you will see ‘Appearance’ and under it ‘Themes’ click on it.
STEP 2 : Click on Add new button inside theme option.
- As you click on Themes you will be directed to Themes page where you can see all the plugins that are installed into your wordpress.
- All of them are installed by default by the wordpress.
- Only First theme is activated and others are inactive but already installed. If you like you can activate any one of them any time.
- Now at the top of this page you can see “Add new” button click on it.
STEP 3 : searching for Theme by name.
- As you click on add new button you will be directed to a page where you can search for Themes.
- On this page you can see some most popular and widely used Themes but you may not need it.
- You can also see featured, popular, latest and favorites themes option at the top left where you can find many themes as well.
- So at the top right you will see a search bar where you can type a name of Theme you know already or you can just type a keyword related to the Theme you want to install and click enter on your keyboard.
- Now as you click enter in result you will see many Themes related to what you have searched but you have to choose best one for your website wisely.
STEP 4 : Choose best Theme for your website.
- In search result you will see many Themes but you don’t know which is the best one from them.
- So to Know which is the best Theme for your website you have to check the details & preview of it.
- so click on details & preview option on the theme you like and check for two things as below.
- Check the star ratings and description of every theme.
- Check the layout and full design that is header, footer, side bar, menu and slider on it, if it looks cool and strong enough to fulfill your needs then have it.
- when you find your best one then click install and activate.
Now goto your website that is www.yourwebsite.com and see the theme you just install and activated. So in this way you can install best Themes for your wordpress website.
If you like this blog then please share this awesome information with your friends and don’t forget to subscribe for latest blog of mine, and feel free to comment below.